Find out if Wireless Broadband is right for you, and learn the steps to set up a wireless modem.
Set up a wireless modem
When your Wireless Broadband pack arrives, in the box you'll find:
Next, choose a spot for the modem. The spot will need to be near a power outlet and, near a window and a central location for your house.
- Plug your modem into a power outlet using the black power cable and turn it on.
- Wait for 15 seconds for the symbol that looks like three arrows in a circle to light up. This will go from red to blue.
- If the light doesn't turn blue, turn your modem off and on again.
- When the light turns blue, your connection is complete.
Find out more
Select play on the video to learn about setting up Wireless Broadband.
Connect your computer, mobile or tablet to Wireless Broadband
- On your computer, mobile or tablet, look for your modem on the list of WiFi networks. You can find your modem's name on the back of your modem next to Name/SSID.
- Select your modem from the list. Type in the password (also on the back of your modem). When it connects, you can start browsing the internet.
- You can connect as many computers, mobiles or tablets as you like.
- If your computer doesn't have WiFi, connect your computer to the modem using an ethernet cable.
Connect your landline
- Plug the grey phone cable into your phone and then plug the other end into your modem. Make sure you plug your phone into a power socket as well.
- Check for a dial tone.
- If you can't hear a dial tone, turn your modem off and on again. If it's a new landline, it can take up to 30 minutes to activate.
- When you can hear a dial tone, your phone is set up.
Things to know about Wireless Broadband
- Wireless Broadband uses Spark's 4G network. The speed of your connection depends on your signal strength.
- Check your data usage and top up your account using MySpark.
- If you reach your monthly data cap, you'll get an automatic extra 10GB for $10. When you use this, you'll need to go to MySpark to buy more data. Limits may apply as to how many times you can do this per month.
- You can set up data usage alerts through MySpark. You'll receive notifications when you've used 80% and 100% of your data by email or text:
- In MySpark, select Usage alerts under Wireless broadband data usage.
- If you're planning on moving house, call us on 0800 550 067 to check if you can use Wireless Broadband at your new address. We can organise a reconnection from there.
- Your Wireless Broadband comes with a 30-day network guarantee. Call us on 0800 550 067 to cancel your plan, return the modem, and we'll refund your monthly plan charge. More information can be found in the terms and conditions. See terms and conditions
- Value added services may come with your Wireless Broadband plan. Find out more