Delightfully capable. Surprisingly affordable. The new iPad combines tremendous capability with unmatched ease of use and versatility. With the powerful A12 Bionic chip, support for Apple Pencil and the Smart Keyboard, and the amazing new things you can do with iPadOS 14, now there’s even more to love about iPad.1
Multitasking: With iPad, getting work done is all hustle and no hassle. Edit a document while researching something on the web and making a FaceTime call to a colleague at the same time. Attach a full‑sized Smart Keyboard for comfortable typing.1 And for tasks that require more precision, support for a trackpad or mouse complements the familiar Multi‑Touch experience of iPad.
Apple Pencil: Paired with the power of iPadOS, Apple Pencil makes note-taking with iPad a breeze.1 Do things like sign paperwork, mark up a document or sketch out an idea. It feels as natural to use as a pencil, but with so much more capability.
Productivity: Let your curiosity run wild with iPad. The App Store is the best place to discover apps that let you get a leg-up in geometry, learn a new language and attend virtual classes. You can even use augmented reality to learn something exciting, like watching the history of spaceflight unfold in your lounge room or making characters from your favourite book literally leap off the page.
Performance and Gaming: It’s go time for gaming. The A12 Bionic chip delivers an amazing performance boost, so games are immersive, fluid and incredibly detailed. And you can pair an Xbox Wireless Controller with Bluetooth®, PlayStation DUALSHOCK® controller or MFi game controller with your iPad to create the ultimate portable game console.2 You can also try out Apple Arcade, with hundreds of games under one subscription and zero ads.3
Draw: iPad lets you express your creative ideas in so many ways. Whether you’re taking notes, designing a logo or just sketching up a storm, Apple Pencil (available separately, not included) is the perfect tool to bring your vision to life. It’s designed to feel intuitive and let you draw with pixel-perfect precision.
Camera: No matter how you capture your photos and videos — with the 8-megapixel back camera or the FaceTime HD camera on iPad, with an iPhone or with a digital camera — you’ll love editing them on the large, immersive screen of your iPad. Take advantage of the machine learning capabilities to enhance your photos. Once you’ve got your perfect shot, share it to your social feeds or send it to friends with a tap.4
Theatre: Everything you watch on iPad looks and sounds awesome, thanks to the 10.2‑inch Retina display and stereo system. With the Apple TV app, you’ll have access to popular streaming services, must‑watch shows and blockbuster movies. And when you buy an eligible new iPad, it includes a year of Apple TV+, a streaming service featuring original shows and movies from the world’s best storytellers.5 Now all you have to do is remember the popcorn.
Portability: With a thin and light design, and fast Wi‑Fi and 4G LTE Advanced, iPad is designed to go where your life goes.6 So you can browse the web, download books and more, wherever you are. And with up to 10 hours of battery life, you can do it all on a single charge.7 It does pretty much everything but carry itself.
iPadOS delivers a distinct experience that enhances the unique capabilities of iPad. New note-taking features make handwriting as powerful as typed text, shape recognition makes your drawings more precise and now you can handwrite in any text field with Scribble.
iPad Apps: There are over a million apps on the App Store specifically designed for the large display and power of iPad.8 Make a beat, get a workout in, read the news or join a battle royale with friends. Whatever you’re interested in, you’ll find an app for it.
Privacy: Like every Apple product, iPad was designed with your privacy and security in mind. It’s not always easy. But that’s the kind of innovation Apple believes in.
Accessibility: Technology is most powerful when everyone can use it. That’s why iPad comes with accessibility features that support vision, hearing, mobility and learning needs. Like sign language prominence in FaceTime, which can detect when a participant is using sign language and make the person prominent in a Group FaceTime call.
1. Accessories are sold separately.
2. Game controllers work with selected games and are sold separately. Availability may vary by country.
3. NZ$8.99 per month after free trial. Plan automatically renews after trial until cancelled. Apple Arcade requires a subscription.
4. Requires a Wi-Fi or mobile data connection; data charges may apply.
5. NZ$8.99 per month after free trial. One subscription per iCloud Family Sharing group. A Family Sharing group has a maximum of six family members. Offer is good for three months after eligible device is activated. Plan automatically renews until cancelled. Restrictions and other terms apply. Apple TV+ requires a subscription. See apple.com/nz/promo for more information.
6. Data plan is required. 4G LTE Advanced and 4G LTE are available in selected markets and through selected carriers. Speeds are based on theoretical throughput and vary based on site conditions and carrier. For details on 4G LTE support, contact Spark and see apple.com/nz/ipad/LTE
7. Battery life varies by use and configuration; for more information, see apple.com/nz/batteries.
8. App count refers to the total number worldwide. Not all content is available in all countries and regions.
Some features may not be available for all countries or all areas. For a complete list, see apple.com/nz/ios/feature-availability
Apps are available on the App Store. Title availability is subject to change.
Apple Music requires a subscription.