How much is a Netflix subscription in New Zealand?
Head to the Netflix website to see the latest prices for a direct subscription to Netflix. With Spark's eligible broadband and mobile plans, a Netflix Standard (HD) subscription is included in the the plan. Go to netflix.com
How do I activate Netflix?
Follow the steps to activate and manage your Netflix with Spark account on our help page. Set up and manage Netflix
Existing Netflix customers
Once you're connected to your eligible plan:
- You don’t need to cancel your existing Netflix account. You can use your existing Netflix details when you activate and this will link to your eligible Spark plan. In great news, this plan doesn’t change or create new accounts, it updates your billing preferences for it to be included in your Spark plan.
- If you’re currently paying for a Netflix account, this payment will stop as soon as you activate your Spark inclusion. It doesn’t matter how you were paying (whether you paid by Credit/Debit Card, your Spark bill, iTunes, Google Play or Apple TV).
- If you currently have a Prepaid promotion, the value of the voucher you have remaining will stay on your account once you activate your Spark inclusion. This value will stay remaining until you leave the eligible plan.
What do I get on a Netflix Standard (HD) Streaming Plan?
A Netflix Standard (HD) Streaming Plan allows you to stream on two devices at a time, and on High Definition when available. You check which plan you're on from the Netflix Your Account page. Go to Your Account on Netflix
What are the minimum broadband speed requirements for watching Netflix?
Netflix requires a minimum internet bandwidth of 2Mbps (megabits per second) to view content in high quality. Netflix adjusts streaming quality to provide an uninterrupted viewing experience. For an optimal HD experience, Netflix recommends around 5-9Mbps.
What devices can I watch Netflix on?
Netflix is an online video-on-demand service. You can stream Netflix from any device connected to the internet with a Netflix app. This includes but is not limited to:
- Gaming consoles like Playstation 3 or 4
- Apple TV, Google Chromecast and other smart TVs
- DVD and Blu-ray players
- Set-top boxes
- Home theatre systems
- Mobile phones and tablets
For a more detailed list, see the list of Netflix-ready devices
Can I watch live TV on Netflix?
Netflix is an online video-on-demand service, which does not support live television.
What happens if I move?
If you move to a new house during the 12-month contract period, don't worry. As long as you remain on an eligible Spark broadband plan, your Netflix offer will move with you. Find out more about moving with Spark