How do I activate Spotify Premium?
View the Spotify Premium activation steps
New to Spotify?
If you’re new to Spotify, or were using the free version, you’ll be able to get Spotify Premium straight away.
Existing Spotify Premium customers
- If you already have a Spotify Premium or free account, you can still use Spotify Premium with Spark.
- If you already have a Spotify Premium subscription, you’ll need to cancel this before activating your account with Spark. From the end of your final Spotify Premium renewal, you can then activate Spotify Premium with Spark. You’ll keep your Spotify Premium status and all your playlists.
50% off for Prepaid Value Pack customers
If you buy a Spotify Premium extra, you need to activate your Spotify Premium within four weeks. If you don't activate it within this time, your Spotify Premium extra will be pending without charge until you do activate it. If you activate your Spotify Premium after the first four weeks, we’ll renew your extra and charge your Prepaid balance. This stops you incurring any extra charges for a service you aren’t using.
If you already have Spotify Premium: Find out more about linking existing Spotify Premium accounts to Spark
Why is there a price difference with the 50% discount?
- Pay Monthly plans have a monthly cycle while Prepaid packs have a four week (28 day) cycle.
- Pay Monthly plans and Spotify Premium both have monthly cycles. This means the cost for Spotify Premium on Pay Monthly plans is 50% of Spotify Premium's monthly cost of $14.99.
- On Prepaid, the subscription charge for Spotify Premium with 50% discount is slightly less. This is because it factors in the shorter time frame that packs run for.
How do I download the Spotify app?
Download the app and log in with your Spotify details.
Does Spotify use data?
Streaming music will use the data included in your plan.
An hour of streaming at the normal quality (96kbps) uses approximately 1MB per minute. That's about 17 hours of music per GB of data.
Spotify Premium lets you download songs and playlists. Listening to songs you have already downloaded does not use data.
What devices does Spotify Premium work on?
You can use Spotify Premium on mobiles, tablets, PCs, Macs and many smart TVs. View list of compatible devices
Only one device at a time can stream content. When you sign in, you'll be able to select the main device to play music on.
Note: Spark doesn't offer subscriptions for Spotify Family.
Which plans are eligible for Spotify Premium?
- Pay Monthly plans may have either included, discounted or add-on Spotify Premium.
- 50% discount on Spotify Premium is available on eligible Prepaid packs.
Check whether a specific plan is eligible
How do I purchase Spotify Premium?
If you’re on an eligible Pay Monthly or Prepaid plan that gives you 50% off Spotify Premium, or you want to purchase Spotify Premium for $14.99 per month on your Spark account, follow the steps below to add Spotify to your Spark account.
From MySpark online
- Sign in to MySpark
Note: If you don't have a MySpark account yet, you can follow these steps to create one. Set up and use MySpark
- Select the relevant Mobile plan (if you have more than one)
- Select Get Extras or pack
- Select the Spotify Premium Extra and confirm your purchase
- Spotify Premium will be added to your Spark account and an activation SMS will be sent for you to set up a new or existing account via Spotify
From the Spark App (v3.0.1)
- Go to MySpark section in the Spark App
- Select your mobile plan under the Usage or Products section
- Select the Buy Extras button, you may need to scroll down.
- Tap on Buy in the Spotify Premium extra tile. This will bring up a new tile. (Select the tick box next to the auto renew if you want the subscription to last more than one month
- Tap the Pay button to purchase
Once you have purchased Spotify Premium on your Spark account, simply activate this to link the two accounts. See instructions to Set up and manage Spotify Premium