Note: Bridge Mode is only supported for VDSL and FIBRE connections.
Setup the Huawei HG630b:
- Login to your Huawei HG630b Modem interface.
- Click Basic from the left menu
- Click WAN from the left menu
- On the WAN Connection tab
select your connection type:
- VDSL connection: SPARK_VDSL
- Fibre connection: SPARK_FIBRE
- Change the following settings:
- Service List: Tick INTERNET (ensure TR069 is unticked)
- Connection type: Bridged
- Click Submit
- Click OK at the warning message
Connect the Huawei HG630b to your 3rd party router:
- Connect the cable between the LAN port of the HG630b and the WAN port of the third party router
- Configure your third party modem setting by completing the following steps:
- Configure the WAN connection settings on your 3rd party router:
Note: if you require help with this part please refer to your routers vendor for support.
- PPPOE username: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Password: password
- Turn off VLAN and 802.1P
- The HG630b uses the IP address range 192.168.1.x/24 by default.
To avoid conflict, change the LAN address and subnet settings to another IP address range. i.e. 192.168.3.x/24