Officemail users using Entourage on Mac OS are getting the following error message upon POP connection: "Unable to establish a secure connection to smtp.officemail.co.nz because the root certificate is not installed. If you continue, the information you view and send will be encrypted, but will not be secure".
- Error occurs when opening Entourage and also when sending email.
- Sending/Receiving works after accepting the prompt, but email is being sent unsecured.
- Other email services (Xtra, Hotmail, etc) working fine in Entourage
- Issue has been replicated on the test bench
The issue is affecting customers using Mac OS X 10.5.8 (or earlier) with the Microsoft Entourage email client.
The steps to install the new certificate on Mac OS are:
- Download the certificate and save to desktop
- Open the file
- Choose "Login" from the dropdown menu in the keychain window that pops up
- Click OK
- Restart Entourage and when prompted for keychain access click "Always allow"