Learn how you can set up and connect your modem on a Fibre or Wireless connection. The Spark Smart Modem 2 package contains:
- Spark Smart Modem 2
- Power supply
- One blue cable
- One yellow cable
- One grey cable
- Safety guide
How to set up your modem on Fibre Broadband
- Plug your modem into a power supply near your Fibre box. The Fibre box is also known as an Optical Network Terminal (ONT). It can usually be found on your internal wall.
- Plug one end of the blue ethernet cable into the port labelled Fibre on your modem.
- Plug the other end of the blue ethernet cable into the port on the Fibre box labelled LAN1 or GE1.
How to set up your modem on Wireless Broadband
- Plug your modem into a power supply.
- Wait while the modem connects to the network. This can take up to five minutes.
- Check the colour of the 4G LTE LED indicator on the front of the modem. For the best performance, the light should be green.
- If the LED indicator isn't green, move your modem closer to the window for a better signal.