Updated 4 August 2019 due to urgent UPS product recall.
For terms prior to 22 March 2019, see home wireless landline before 22 March 2019
- The following Home Wireless Landline Terms and Conditions (“Terms”) apply to customers who connected to Spark’s Home Wireless Landline service on or after 22 March 2019. These Terms take effect from the time you plug in your Spark wireless modem and the Wireless Home Landline service is available to you.
- These Terms apply together with the Residential Customer Terms and these Terms will prevail to the extent they are inconsistent with the Residential Customer Terms, a copy of which can be obtained by calling 123, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by visiting our website at spark.co.nz/help/other/terms
- The Home Wireless Landline service operates over the Spark 4G mobile network and requires a Spark wireless modem.
- The Home Wireless Landline plan is only available in Spark’s 4G coverage areas. Spark’s 4G coverage is not available everywhere.
- The Spark wireless modem contains a SIM card. You may not use this SIM card in any other device. It remains our property and you must return it to Spark on request.
- You may not use your Spark wireless modem to receive the Home Wireless Landline service at any other location other than the installed location. If you are moving, please contact Spark. If you are moving to a location within our Home Wireless Landline coverage area, you may be able to continue to use the service. If you are moving to a location outside our current Home Wireless Landline coverage area, you will need to terminate your contract with us.
- If we become aware that you are using your Spark wireless modem at a location other than the installed location we reserve the right to withhold, suspend, disconnect, or restrict your Home Wireless Landline service without notice. The reason we retain this right is that we need to be able to manage the 4G network to ensure that all customers using the network receive a reliable and consistent service.
- Spark wireless landline requires a Spark wireless modem which requires mains power. In the event of a power failure, service will not be available, including access to emergency services. Make sure you have a charged mobile phone available for use in power outages including for emergencies.
- The Home Wireless Landline service doesn’t come with a copper phone line. This means that services that use a standard copper landline, such as some medical alerts, monitored home alarms, faxes, the interactive features of SKY digital or PABXs are incompatible with Home Wireless Landline.
- Charging for the Home Wireless Landline service will commence when your service is connected to our 4G mobile network.
- If you wish to cancel your Home Wireless Landline, you will need to provide us with 30 days’ notice and we will charge you, in accordance with your calling plan, for the duration of this 30 day period. At the end of your 30 day notice period, we may ask you to return the Spark wireless modem by sending it back to us (or our service provider) in the bag we send you or by some other method we agree with you at that time.