How businesses can prepare for the 3G shutdown
Don't miss this opportunity to equip your business with the knowledge and tools needed to thrive in the ever-changing telecommunications landscape.
Expert speakers from M2M One and Spark IoT will guide you through essential strategies and actionable insights to safeguard your business during the 3G shutdown. In addition, Anthony Petts will share customer learnings from previous migrations.
The webinar will cover:
- Understanding the 3G shutdown
- Gain clarity on why the 3G network is being phased out in New Zealand and the implications it has for your business.
- Assessing your current infrastructure
- Learn how to assess your existing 3G-dependent devices and systems to identify potential areas that need attention.
- Migration planning
- Discover the steps involved in migrating to more advanced network technologies, such as 4G LTE and beyond, and how this can future-proof your business.
- Device and module upgrades
- Explore options to upgrade devices and modules to ensure they're compatible with the new network standards.
- Risk mitigation strategies
- Gain insights into strategies to minimise disruption during the 3G sunset, including contingency plans and fallback solutions.
- Success stories
- Hear real-world examples of businesses that have successfully navigated the 3G shutdown and the benefits they've seen from their strategic preparations.
This webinar was recorded on Tuesday 24 October 2023.
Anthony is the Sales Director for M2M Connectivity (part of the Semtech group of companies) in Australia. Working in the telecommunications industry since 1992, Anthony started in the two-way radio industry with Motorola, and in 2000 moved into the cellular space with Ericsson — a leader in the cellular infrastructure industry.
In 2008, Anthony changed tack and moved into the handset space, working for HTC, Motorola, Telstra and Samsung until 2019. At this time, Anthony joined M2M Connectivity, applying his industry learnings to the IoT/M2M market.
Anthony has also been instrumental in driving the awareness of the 3G shutdown in Australia, helping guide many organisations as they migrate their solution from 3G to 4G/5G.
Paul is the Head of Platforms for Spark IoT. With 30 years of involvement in the IT industry, his experience in a variety of roles has proven invaluable to his broad understanding of IT and how it addresses business needs.
Over the past 7 years, Paul's focus has shifted into the growth of IoT and Emerging Technology. Once a service offered by only a few, Paul has helped this become the unique business unit it is today — with over 40 people involved.
From working to solve real-world problems across New Zealand businesses to creating new services for the wider market, the opportunities Paul has specialised in have evolved massively over the past several years.