Beyond Binary Code
- “we” or “us” means Spark New Zealand Trading Limited, the Beyond Binary Code creator and publisher;
- “you” means you, the person using Beyond Binary Code or visiting the Beyond Binary Code website;
- “personal information” means information about an identifiable individual.
1) What information we collect, use and disclose
a) Feedback about the Beyond Binary Code tool, resources, content, and website.
We collect any feedback you provide to us about the Beyond Binary Code tool, resources, content, and website to improve the website experience, understand how you use Beyond Binary Code, and identify ways that we can enhance Beyond Binary Code for you and others.
If you include any personal information (such as your name and email address) in this feedback we may use this to contact you about your feedback. We will only store this information for as long as necessary to address your feedback.
Feedback is processed directly by Spark New Zealand, via email@example.com.
b) When you download and use Beyond Binary Code
When you use Beyond Binary Code we record the number of times Beyond Binary Code is downloaded, which version of the code is downloaded, the type of device and the general area where the code is downloaded from e.g. Auckland. We use this information to help measure the number of people who download and use Beyond Binary Code, and to improve Beyond Binary Code.
Although we may publish aggregated information about usage patterns, we do not collect, track or disclose information about individual devices or persons.
c) During your visit to the Beyond Binary Code website
If you are visiting our website, we may collect and store the following information about your visit, including:
- the IP address of your machine when connected to the Internet and the
- domain name from which you are accessing the Internet;
- the operating system and the browser your computer uses, and any search engine you are using;
- your browsing behaviour;
- the date and time you are visiting;
- the URLs of the pages you visit while you are on spark.co.nz/beyondbinarycode
Although we may publish aggregated information about usage patterns, we do not disclose information about individual devices or persons.
Our website places a cookie on the hard drive of your device. A "cookie" is a file which allows us to track and target the interests of users. In addition, our website uses third party cookies from Google Analytics, Google Marketing Platform, Google Ads; Facebook to assist advertisers, which include the following features:
- Google Marketing Platform and Google Ads integrations & remarketing – the integrations with our paid advertising platforms give us additional insight and allows us to tailor our advertising. This ensures the right adverts are shown to you while you are using the internet outside our website.
- Google Analytics - which gives us insight into behaviour information relating to visitor age, gender and interests on an anonymous and aggregate level. It also tracks your activity across the Beyond Binary Code website and app. This will help us to understand browsing behaviour to give you a better experience whilst visiting our sites.
- Facebook - We make use of Facebook's Pixel to help us tailor ads and to make recommendations to people who may be interested in the products, services or causes we promote.
Turning off cookies:
e) We may also disclose your personal information if:
- we have reasonable grounds to believe that disclosure is necessary to prevent or lessen a threat to:
- public health and safety; or
- the life or health of an individual; or
- we are required to do so by law or court order.
2) Accessing and correcting your personal information
You have the right to access personal information we hold about you where it is stored in such a way that it can be readily retrieved. If the personal information we hold about you is not accurate or complete, then you may ask us to correct it. To update your personal information, such as your email address (which we collect if you have provided it to us as part of giving feedback on Beyond Binary Code) you can contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We endeavour to store your personal information on secure servers and take steps to maintain the security of your personal information. However, there are inherent risks in storing and transmitting data. We cannot guarantee that any personal information provided to us will remain secure.
You are responsible for ensuring that any communications you send us regarding feedback of Beyond Binary Code do not contain:
a) personal information such as bank account details, visa card numbers or other sensitive and confidential information; and
b) personal information about other individuals without their consent.
4) Changing this policy
We may change this policy at any time by changing or removing existing terms or
adding new ones. Changes may take the form of a completely new policy.
- by posting an updated policy on our Beyond Binary Code website.
Any change we make applies from the date we post it on the Beyond Binary Code website.