- Unlimited Broadband is not available in all areas.
- If you sign up for Unlimited Broadband after 15 April 2019, you will not receive Lightbox or any Netflix offer with your Unlimited Broadband plan.
- If you want Lightbox or Netflix, please select Unlimited Entertainment Broadband.
- Find out more about broadband speeds but note that stated speeds are based on theoretical maximums, and actual speeds will be affected by various factors including NZ and overseas networks, your modem and computer technology including WiFi capability, internal home wiring and other environmental factors. Find out more about broadband speed
- Spark's Broadband Terms and Residential Customer Terms apply.
- Charging for Spark broadband starts once your service is connected to our network. Please be aware you need to let us know 30 days in advance if you wish to cancel this service (these services). If you change or remove your plan or package within 30 days you will still be charged for the full month.
Unlimited Entertainment Broadband
- Unlimited Entertainment comes with Lightbox Standard and the Netflix Standard (HD) Streaming plan for the duration of your Unlimited Entertainment plan or until you or Spark terminates your plan in accordance with the applicable terms and conditions.
- If you join Unlimited Entertainment, or if you upgrade from any other Spark broadband plan to Unlimited Entertainment Broadband you will enter into a new 12 month term. If you terminate before the expiry of this new 12 month term, you will be charged an exit fee of $199.
- If you were paying for Netflix before you ordered Unlimited Entertainment, you will need to activate this new offer in MySpark, so that you can link your current Netflix account to stop the old method of payment. View Netflix offer terms and conditions
- In addition to Spark's Broadband and Residential Customer terms, Lightbox on Spark Plans and Netflix on Spark Plans terms and conditions also apply
- You must use your own Lightbox and Netflix compatible device.
12-month term applies
- A 12 month contract applies for a free modem ((modem postage fee of $14.95 applies) for residential customers or if you join Unlimited
- If you sign up to a Spark broadband plan on a 12-month contract, and you terminate before the completion of that minimum contract period, you will be charged an early exit fee of $199.
- If you move house no early exit fee applies, provided you connect Spark broadband at your new house. You may also be asked to enter into a new broadband contract for 12 months. A moving house fee may apply.
- Note, the early exit fee only applies if you leave Spark broadband or move to an open term plan. If you change to another Spark broadband plan on a 12 month contract you won't be charged an early exit fee.
- Spark has moved to online billing, so we ask that you ensure you are set up for an online bill when you sign up for broadband.
What are the ADSL/VDSL offer summaries?
What is naked vs landline broadband?
Quite simply, 'naked' is broadband only. You don't get a landline or phone number with naked broadband. If you have a monitored alarm, medical alarm, fax, or order pay per view movies, these services will no longer work without a landline. If you need those services, naked broadband will not be for you.
How many devices can I connect to my Spark modem?
You can connect as many devices, such as computers, tablets, laptops and smartphones, as you want to your modem. Certain devices may use different technologies which will affect the speed. For instance an older device with a slower processor will be slower than a newer device. What you are actually doing on the device will also affect the speed. The more devices you have using your connection at the same time, the harder the modem works to deliver broadband.
How fast is ADSL Broadband?
ADSL Broadband has been the standard in New Zealand for a long time and, depending on the quality of your lines, gives download speeds of up to 24Mbps and upload speeds of 1Mbps. The national average is about 10Mbps download and 1Mbps upload. This should be plenty for the basics like emailing, surfing the net and checking social networks.
How much faster is VDSL Broadband?
It's a lot faster than ADSL. Depending on your line quality, you could get download speeds of up to 70Mbps and upload speeds up to 10Mbps. There are a number of factors involved such as the condition of the copper cables and the distance from the nearest cabinet. The closer you are to the cabinet the better.
General Landline information
- If you have a landline with your broadband service, you must be a Spark residential customer and have all of your direct dial calling with Spark (including national, international and home-to-mobile calling) in order to take a calling plan. See below for further information on the Spark calling plans.
- National calling
- Mobile calling
Fair use policy