What does Endless data mean?
Endless New Zealand data means you can browse the web, stream content, upload, download and play games. While there are no caps on how much data you use, after allocated data at max speed, Spark will reduce the maximum speed to 1.2 Mbps for the remainder of the billing cycle, this will impact your experience. Tethering and mobile hotspot use is prohibited (unless you buy a Hotspot extra) and Endless data is for use on mobile devices only.
Who is eligible for these plans?
Spark consumer and business customers can buy these plans.
Why does Spark exclude tethering and hotspots?
To protect the data experience for all customers on our network, these plans don't include mobile hotspot/tethering (unless you buy a hotspot extra).
How will you know if I’m tethering or hotspotting?
What is the Hotspot extra?
The Endless Mobile Plan provides you with Endless data to your mobile, but not to other devices. If you want the ability to use some data on other devices, you can purchase a Hotspot extra. We have two Hotspot extras:
Hotspot extra - Allows you to hotspot your Endless Mobile Plan data to other devices for up to 30 days from purchase. Usage from the Hotspot extra counts towards your total data usage on your Endless plan and speeds will reduce after allocated data use.
Learn more about Hotspot extras. Visit our extras page
Are the Endless Mobile Plan, Endless Group Plan and Endless Companion Plan compatible with tablets?
No, these plans are restricted for mobile use only, and can't be used on any other device, including SIM-enabled tablets., t-sticks, hotspots (unless you buy a hotspot extra) or modems.
Can I share my Endless Mobile Plan or Endless Group Plan data, SMS and minutes?
- The Endless Group Plan lets you share your data, minutes and SMS with up to three other people on your account for $29.99 each (we call these other people you are sharing with companions).
- You can share with these companions once you've bought, and been connected your Endless Group Plan.
- You need to sign in to the Spark app or MySpark to add these companions.
- If you sign up to the $99.99 Endless Group Plan online, we’ll send you emails to help you through this process.
- Each of the companion plans have their own line number and Endless data, SMS and minutes allocations.
- The regular Endless data conditions apply to these companions, for example, at 40GB max data speeds are reduced, no tethering or hotspots, standard New Zealand and Australia numbers.
- The Endless Mobile Plan is a stand-alone plan. Spark sharer plans can't be added to this plan therefore no plan allocations can be shared with any other user. Prohibited use of tethering and hotspots also means that sharing data via these means is restricted.
Can Business customers get Netflix?
Netflix on these plans is for personal use only. Netflix terms apply, for personal use only (no commercial use or further distribution).
What if I'm on an older 24 month term contract and I want to transfer to these plans?
Pay Monthly customers who have a minimum term and want to move to any open-term plan, including the Endless Mobile Plan or Endless Group Plan, will have to pay disconnection fees before connecting to an open-term plan. Refer to our Schedule of disconnection fees and termination charges.
Can Endless Mobile replace my Wireless Broadband plan?
Endless Mobile isn't designed to replace home broadband. Tethering and hotspot use is prohibited (unless you buy a hotspot extra), and data speeds will be monitored and may vary. Wireless Broadband provides a more suitable level of service to support the way customers use the internet at home.