What does unlimited data mean?
Unlimited New Zealand data means you can browse the web, stream content, upload, download and play games. While there are no caps on how much data you use, after 22GB of data usage, Spark will reduce the maximum speed for the remainder of the billing cycle. Tethering and mobile hotspot use is prohibited (unless you buy a hotspot extra) and unlimited data is for use on mobile devices only.
Who is eligible for these plans?
Spark consumer and business customers can buy these plans.
Why does Spark exclude tethering and hotspots?
To protect the data experience for all customers on our network, these plans don't include mobile hotspot/tethering (unless you buy a hotspot extra).
How will you know if I’m tethering or hotspotting?
Are the Unlimited Mobile Plan, Unlimited Group Plan and Unlimited Companion Plan compatible with tablets?
No, these plans are restricted for mobile use only, and can't be used on any other device, including SIM-enabled tablets., t-sticks, hotspots (unless you buy a hotspot extra) or modems.
Can I share my Unlimited Mobile Plan or Unlimited Group Plan data, text and minutes?
- The Unlimited Group Plan lets you share your data, minutes and texts with up to three other people on your account for $29.99 each (we call these other people you are sharing with companions)
- You can share with these companions once you've bought, and been connected your Unlimited Group Plan
- You need to sign in to the Spark app or MySpark to add these companions
- If you sign up to the $99.99 Unlimited Group Plan online, we’ll send you emails to help you through this process
- Each of the companion plans have their own line number and unlimited data, text and minutes allocations
- The regular unlimited data conditions apply to these companions, for example, at 22GB max data speeds are reduced, no tethering or hotspots, standard New Zealand and Australia numbers
- The Unlimited Mobile Plan is a stand-alone plan. Spark sharer plans can't be added to this plan therefore no plan allocations can be shared with any other user. Prohibited use of tethering and hotspots also means that sharing data via these means is restricted.
Can Business customers get Lightbox?
Lightbox on these plans is for personal use only. Lightbox terms apply, for personal use only (no commercial use or further distribution).
What if I'm on an older 24 month term contract and I want to transfer to these plans?
Pay Monthly customers who have a minimum term and want to move to any open-term plan, including the Unlimited Mobile Plan or Unlimited Group Plan, will have to pay disconnection fees before connecting to an open-term plan. Refer to our Schedule of disconnection fees and termination charges.
Can Unlimited Mobile replace my Wireless Broadband plan?
Unlimited Mobile isn't designed to replace home broadband. Tethering and hotspot use is prohibited (unless you buy a hotspot extra), and data speeds will be monitored and may vary. Wireless Broadband provides a more suitable level of service to support the way customers use the internet at home.