Request a refund
- If you have a credit balance on your final Spark bill, you can get a refund.
- Complete the online form to request your refund. View form
- We can pay your refund by:
- Crediting your credit card (returned within three working days).
- Crediting your NZ bank account (returned within three working days).
- Crediting an International bank account (timeframe varies depending on banking and country of residency)
- Transferring the balance to another Spark account (the same legal entity).
- Donating to Spark Foundation
Refund the bank account or credit card that paid the bill
- If you've paid your bill by direct debit or credit card, we can refund these payment methods. You won't need to fill out any forms.
- If we don't hear from you, we'll refund you to your bank account or credit card. You'll receive the refund five weeks after you close your Spark account.
Note: After six years, any unclaimed account balance more than $100 will go to the IRD. This complies with the Unclaimed Monies Act.
Bill paid by someone else. Where does the refund go?
- If your bill gets paid by a third party, eg, your employer or Work and Income, you can choose how we refund the money.
- We can send the refund to the third party, or we can send it to you to pass on to them. Remember that it's up to you to let them know what's happening.