Activate your free Spotify Premium account
If you're on an eligible plan, you can get Spotify Premium for free. Find out if you're on an eligible mobile plan. View plans
To start using your free Spotify Premium account:
- Activate your free Spotify Premium account. Activate now
- Type in your mobile number and select Next.
- You'll get a text with a code. Type in the code.
- If you haven't got a Spotify account, select No and then select Next.
If you already have Spotify Premium
If you've already got a Spotify Premium account, you can keep your username and playlists. To activate your free Spotify Premium account:
- Register to have your Spotify Premium covered by us. Register now
- When you get to step three, we'll ask you if you already have a Spotify Premium account.
- Select Yes.
- Log in to your Spotify Premium account to cancel your payments.
- Select Subscription from the menu on the right.
- Select Change or cancel.
- Select Switch to free.
- Select Yes, cancel.
- When Spotify asks if you're sure you want to cancel, confirm you do.
- We'll start covering your Spotify Premium account from your next subscription renewal date.
To check Spark is paying for your Premium subscription:
- Sign into the Spotify website.
- In the Account overview section, you'll see if Spark has paid the subscription.
Download the Spotify app
Download the Spotify app from Google Play or the App Store. Download now
Check your plan
To find out who's managing your subscription:
- Sign in to your Spotify account. Sign in now
- Select Subscription from the menu on the left.
- You'll see who manages your subscription.
- Streaming music through Spotify Premium will use data included in your plan. An hour of streaming uses about 1MB per minute.
- To limit the amount of data you use:
- When streaming from your mobile on 3G or 4G, set the audio quality to Normal. In your Spotify app, select Settings. Select Music quality to select your quality preference.
- Play music while on WiFi to save your data.
- Download your music while you're using WiFi, so you can listen to it when you're offline.
Contact Spotify for further support, visit: support.spotify.com/nz/