How it could work for a team
- Megan is the team's manager and the Share Leader: She shares her plan with the group, manages the plan, sets data limits and pays the bill.
- Bob is an employee and a Mobile Sharer: He shares Megan's data and gets unlimited calls and texts.
- Rebecca is an employee and a Mobile Sharer: She shares Megan's data and gets unlimited calls and texts.
- Lewis is an employee and a Mobile Sharer: He shares Megan's data and gets unlimited calls and texts.
- Lewis also has a tablet he uses for work purposes, so that also gets added to Megan's plan as a Data Sharer.
Setting data limits for the team
Megan has bought an $86.95 excl GST open term Pay Monthly plan. With this plan she gets 15 GB of data, unlimited calls and unlimited texts. This is the plan she shares with Bob, Rebecca and Lewis.
- She sets a limit of 3GB for Bob's mobile, 3GB to Rebecca's mobile, 3GB to to Lewis' mobile and 3GB to Lewis' tablet.
- She gives her mobile no limit by setting it to MAX.
- This leaves at least 3GB for her mobile.
- If Bob, Rebecca and Lewis use less data than expected, then there's more data available for Megan's mobile.
One person - multiple devices
How it could work for one person
- Janice has a $69.56 excl GST open term Pay Monthly plan with 7.5GB for her mobile phone. She decides to buy a tablet and a T-Stick.
- She wants to use her 7.5GB data across all her devices.
- She goes to the Spark app and adds two Data Sharer plans to her plan. One for her tablet and one for her T-Stick.
Setting data limits for herself
Janice wants to use most of her data on her T-Stick so she can work remotely. She sets a data limit of 1GB on her mobile phone and 2GB on her tablet. She sets no limit on her T-Stick.
- If she uses 1GB on her tablet and 6.5GB on her T-Stick, then she won't have any data available for her mobile phone because she's used up her data allowance.
- In this case, she might decide to change the limits next month to suit her lifestyle better.
- She changes her limits to a 4GB limit on her T-Stick, 1GB limit on her tablet and no limit on her mobile phone.
- She can change data limits throughout the month to suit her use.