What does my 1GB Socialiser give me access to?
Socialiser includes access to data on the Facebook, Messenger and Twitter apps, and for music streaming via the Spotify app. This leaves you free to use your plan data for whatever else you need. These inclusions apply to new and existing Socialiser customers. Spark Socialiser renews monthly on Pay Monthly, and four-weekly on Prepaid.
What happens when I have used up my 1GB Socialiser data allowance?
Standard data charges will apply after you use up the Socialiser 1GB. You will consume the data in your plan first. After that, usage will be at casual data rates. You can also buy additional Socialiser subscriptions for $9 – just text BUY 9SOCIAL to 258.
Do I have to access Facebook, Messenger, Twitter or Spotify though the apps or can I go through a web browser like Google Chrome?
Socialiser is only available when using the official application for Facebook, Messenger, Twitter and Spotify from a compatible phone. Socialiser works only with official Android (2.1+ or later) and iOS (4 or later) operating systems.
Can I access Socialiser without using my plan data when I'm overseas?
Socialiser is for New Zealand domestic data traffic only. If you roam internationally you will incur normal data roaming charges.
Why have I used data from my plan when all I've done is access activity via the apps?
Socialiser data excludes Facebook SMS, other alert services and accessing video and content hosted on other sites. Access via any other means, including third party applications, will use existing data in your Pay Monthly or Prepaid plan. If no plan data is left, this access will incur additional data charges that apply to your plan. Additional data charges will also apply for any external links accessed via these apps.
Socialiser Spotify includes music-streaming only. Some functions within the Spotify app are excluded and will use data from your plan. These include:
- Video streaming
- Spotify podcasts
- Album artwork displayed on screen
- Song downloads
- Advertisements that the service providers insert into the app, for example, video ads or banner ads
- Any analytics sent from the music provider to understand your music preferences and usage
- Authentication, for example, when the app confirms your login
How much data does Spotify use?
The amount of data used depends on the quality option you set in the app:
- Normal quality (default): 1MB/min (17 hours of streaming to hit 1GB)
- High quality: 1.5MB/min.
How do I keep my Spotify usage data down?
- Play music while on Wi-Fi to save on music streaming data
- Download music when you have a connection, then listening in Offline mode when Wi-Fi isn't available
- If you're streaming with 3G/4G, set the audio quality to Normal
Spark Socialiser Terms and Conditions apply