This section shows the monthly cost for each plan you have with Spark.
- Charges on your bill appear in an itemised format, grouped by phone number. For example, the charges related to your home phone will appear together.
- Number you don’t recognise? If you have Wireless Broadband or Naked Broadband, there will be a number on your bill for this service. It may be an 027 mobile number, a local phone number, or start with 16. To enable billing every plan has a number associated with it. This is the case even if you don’t have the landline connected.
If you have bought Unplan Broadband
- Your Unplan bill cycle date range will be different to other charges on your bill. This is because we charge you after a month of data usage. Your other charges are billed in advance.
- You'll be billed for one of three tiers (0-60GB, 60GB-120GB, 120GB+) depending on how much you use.
- Find out more about Unplan
Example of how your first Unplan bill might look
View example of an Unplan full first bill
Example of how your second Unplan bill might look
View example of an Unplan full second bill
Recently joined Spark? Or made changes to your products and services?
When you first join Spark, you may see two charges for the same plan on your bill. These charges will have different date ranges associated with them. This is because Spark charges for services a month in advance.
- This means your first bill will have a full month's charge from your bill’s start date. You'll also get a pro-rata charge (one-off) from your connection date up to your billing start date.
- If you change, cancel or add a service, you may get a pro-rata charge. Find out more about pro-rata charges
- For Unplan you won't see a pro-rata broadband charge on your bill
- If pro-rata applies to you this is an example of what you will see on your bill:
Paper invoice fee
- Wire maintenance is an optional fee for in-home repairs to fix most faults or general wear and tear of the internal phone or broadband wiring and the jackpoints (or phone sockets) inside your home. If you have wire maintenance this charge will appear on every bill.
- Depending on the services you use, you may or may not need wire maintenance. If you use a service that may need wire maintenance, you can choose whether you want it or not.
- If you choose not to have wire maintenance, you’ll get a charge if a technician needs to repair your phone line. Find out more about wire maintenance
Bill for a mobile with interest-free payments
You can get a mobile on an interest-free payment method. Find out more about interest-free payments
GST and credit amounts on first bill:
- On your first bill after buying a mobile, the charge for the total cost of the mobile will show
- You may notice a large GST charge on your first bill. We charge you GST for the total cost of your mobile on your first bill, as this is when we need to make the GST payment to IRD. The credit for the total cost of your mobile and your monthly installments won't have GST applied to them.
Payment due each month:
- Your monthly payment will be either 1/12, 1/18 1/24 or 1/36 of the total device cost. This depends on your repayment period.
- Your bill tells you which payment installment you're up to
Naked Broadband services (broadband plans without a landline)
ADSL/VDSL Naked Broadband services look a little different on your bill. When you have a Naked Broadband plan, this is cheaper than having a broadband plan with a landline. In this case, you’ll see two items on your bill:
- A charge for the plan (as if you have a landline)
- The discount for having a naked plan
- The total of these two will be the price of the plan you signed up for
Note: This doesn’t apply to Fibre Broadband or Wireless Broadband connections. They will show as one item on your bill at the advertised price.