If you feel that a short-term payment extension or changing your plan is not enough to address your current situation, hardship support may also be an option. You will need to apply for hardship support, and we will discuss options with you that might help your individual circumstances. Please note that should your application be approved and you enter into a payment arrangement with Spark this may impact your credit score. For further information, please see below.
There are several situations that may make you eligible for hardship support. These include recent changes in circumstances, such as:
- A natural disaster has adversely affected your income or household situation.
- You recently experienced an unforeseen significant event that is adversely affecting your finances.
- Your business closed temporarily or permanently or is experiencing significant financial distress due to unforeseen events.
- You are experiencing significant financial hardship due to inflation and the rising cost of living.
- You or a household member who contributes to the payment of bills has lost their job recently or your income has significantly reduced.
- You have recently suffered an illness or injury impacting your ability to work.
- A family member has recently become ill or unable to work, adversely impacting your family income and/or significantly increasing your expenses.
- A relationship break-up is making it difficult for you to meet your financial commitments.
If any of the above (or similar circumstances) apply, please get in touch with us as soon as possible by submitting a hardship application online or by calling 128 so we can work with you on options to address your situation.
We can explore options such as:
- An extended credit arrangement. Call us on 128 to speak to one of our representatives and we will work with you to determine the length of time and frequency of instalments to bring you back up to date as soon as possible.
- You may find a different mobile or broadband plan is better suited to your needs and budget right now, and we can work with you to find the best solution.
- Service restrictions to avoid additional charges.
It is important to note that Spark will carefully consider all applications for hardship on case by case basis and reserves the right to decline hardship support in some circumstances.
Before applying for a payment extension or hardship support with Spark, we encourage you to consider options you may have available such as, insurance cover under your existing policies (i.e. income protection, medical insurance if applicable) or Government Assistance. It may be a good idea to get in touch with a budget advisor that can help you deal with your immediate money problems.