Keep track of how much data you're using on your broadband plan. Find out how to set up broadband usage alerts.
Broadband usage alerts
- You'll need to be a Spark mobile customer to sign up for text alerts. You can get email alerts if you're not a Spark mobile customer.
- Get an email or text if you reach 80% and 100% of your monthly data limit. You'll also get a message when you use 5GB and 50GB over your monthly limit.
- When you reach your limit, we'll add more data to your account, and add a charge to your next bill. Find out more
- If you find you’re going over your limit often, take a look at the unlimited plan. View plans
Set up or change usage alerts
- Sign in to MySpark. This will take you to the Usage alerts section.
- Type in your email address and/or Spark mobile number.
- Select Save.
Note: You can add up to five email addresses or Spark mobile numbers. The usage meter updates every hour.
Learn what uses broadband data
- Streaming low-quality video can use around 300MB per hour.
- Software updates can use a lot of data.
- Watch how much data your kids are using.
- Online gaming can use 5MB or 100MB per hour, depending on the game.
- File sharing uses a lot of data.
- Watch out for hackers and viruses as they can use a lot of data if they get into your computer. The Spark Security Suite helps keep your computer safe. Find out more
- Sending or receiving emails with large attachments can use a lot of data.
- If your wireless internet isn't secure, anyone can connect and use your data.