Keep track of how much data you're using on your broadband plan. Find out how to set up broadband usage alerts.
Broadband usage alerts
- You'll need to be a Spark mobile customer to sign up for text alerts. You can get email alerts if you're not a Spark mobile customer.
- We'll usually notify you when you are nearing your monthly data limit and when you've reached your data limit.
- If we can see you reached your data limit last month, we won't notify you when you're nearing your limit in the current month. This is so you don't receive too many updates from us. We’ll always notify you when you've reached your data limit.
- You'll also get an update from us when you've used 5GB and 50GB over your data limit.
- On capped plans, you can use Smart Caps to limit how much you spend on data each month. Find out more
Set up or change usage alerts
- Sign in to MySpark. This will take you to the Broadband settings section.
- Select Edit, next to Usage notifcations.
- Select the toggle if you want to turn notifications on/off for either email or text.
- To set up notifications, type in your email address and/or Spark mobile number.
- Select Add.
- Select Close.
Note: You can add up to five email addresses or Spark mobile numbers. The usage meter updates every hour.
Learn what uses broadband data
- Streaming low-quality video can use around 300MB per hour.
- Software updates can use a lot of data.
- Watch how much data your kids are using.
- Online gaming can use 5MB or 100MB per hour, depending on the game.
- File sharing uses a lot of data.
- Watch out for hackers and viruses as they can use a lot of data if they get into your computer. The Spark Security Suite helps keep your computer safe. Find out more
- Sending or receiving emails with large attachments can use a lot of data.
- If your wireless internet isn't secure, anyone can connect and use your data.