Find out how to set up Netflix and what to do if you already have a Netflix account.
When you sign up to an eligible broadband or mobile plan, you need to activate your Netflix offer.
You can activate Netflix via MySpark by following the steps below. This tells Spark which Netflix account to link to your Spark plan.
- If you don't have a MySpark account yet, you can follow these steps to create one. Find out how to create a MySpark account
- Once you have a MySpark account, this link will get you to sign in and take you to the Netflix page. Netflix in MySpark
- Select the blue Activate button.
- Enter the code sent to your mobile phone.
- You'll then be taken to Netflix where you can sign in with an existing account. You can also create a new Netflix account here.
- Follow the prompts to link this account to Spark.
Alternatively, log in to the Spark App to activate. You'll find Netflix in the Products section, under Subscriptions.
If you have an existing Netflix account you don't need to cancel it. You can use your existing Netflix details when you activate. This means you'll stop being billed for your existing Netflix account separately, unless you pay via your Apple account, in which case you'll need to cancel your subscription through Apple.
If you link your existing Netflix account part way through your monthly Netflix subscription period, you won't be refunded any part charges for that month.
Manage Netflix billing
- If you're already paying for a Netflix account, this payment will stop as soon as you activate your Spark offer. This applies if you were paying via your Spark bill, by credit/debit card or Google Play.
- If you're paying for Netflix through your Apple account, you will need to cancel your subscription once you have activated your Netflix billing through Spark.
- The ability to pay for a Netflix account via your Spark bill is being withdrawn from 31 March 2022. This means Netflix subscriptions billed via Spark will not renew after 31 March 2022 – for example if your subscription is set to renew with Spark billing on 15 April 2022, it will not renew.
- To maintain an active Netflix account beyond the end of the final subscription month billed via Spark, you must either change to a Spark Broadband plan including Netflix or update your Netflix billing preference with Netflix and start paying by credit/debit card. If you don't take one of these actions your subscription will be put on hold. Netflix will communicate with you if this occurs.
- The Netflix charges on your Spark account are shown after the subscription month. For example, a Netflix subscription period for March shows up on your April bill. For customers who were paying for Netflix via their Spark Bill (which was withdrawn on 31 March), the final charge on the Spark bill will show on the April bill. While the date may appear later than the subscription month on your bill, you have not been charged anything extra.
Upgrade to Netflix Premium
- You can upgrade to Netflix Premium in MySpark. Select the Modify button. View my Netflix account in MySpark
- You can also upgrade to Netflix Premium in the Netflix portal.
- You can also downgrade your plan from Premium to Standard at any time in MySpark.
What to do if you link the wrong Netflix account to Spark
- Sign out of your Netflix app on all devices.
- Contact Spark. Message us
- Explain you linked the wrong Netflix account to your Spark plan and you'd like to reset Netflix.
- The agent will reset your Netflix account. In a few hours, you can connect your preferred Netflix account by following the Activate Netflix steps above.
Cancel your Netflix account
If you want to leave your Spark Netflix plan, you can move to another Spark plan in MySpark. Change plan in MySpark
If you were paying for a Netflix account before you linked it to Spark, you'll resume paying with the same method. If you created a Netflix account when you joined Netflix with Spark, you’ll need to add a payment method to your Netflix account to continue using the service. Your account will go on hold for 30 days until you update your payment method.
To cancel your Netflix account once you've left your Spark eligible plan:
- Sign in to Netflix.
- Click the down arrow at the top right of the page, next to your profile name.
- Select Account.
- Under Membership and billing, select the Cancel membership box.
- Select Finish cancellation to confirm you want to cancel.
Need more help?
- Contact Spark if you're having trouble activating your Netflix with Spark. Message us
- Contact Netflix about difficulties using Netflix: help.netflix.com