Get Spotify Premium
- If you're on an eligible plan or pack, you can get a deal on Spotify Premium. Find out if you're on an eligible mobile plan. View plans
- If you're on rollover Prepaid pack or if you don't have an eligible plan, you'll need to buy a Spotify Premium Extra.
Changes to Spotify Premium with Spark
- If you go onto a new Spark plan or pack, Spotify Premium is free for some plans and on a 50% discount for others. Spotify Premium costs on new plans.
- Business customers can get Spotify on new plans. New business mobile plans and pricing
50% discount price differences
- Pay Monthly plans have a monthly cycle while Prepaid packs have a four week (28 day) cycle.
- Pay Monthly plans and Spotify Premium both have monthly cycles. This means the cost for Spotify Premium on Pay Monthly plans is 50% of Spotify Premium's monthly cost of $14.99.
- On Prepaid, the subscription charge for Spotify Premium with 50% discount is slightly less. This is because it factors in the shorter time frame that packs run for.
Activate Spotify Premium
- Go to our Spotify registration page to activate your Spotify Premium. Activate now
- Type in your mobile number and select Next.
- You'll get a text with a code. Type in the code.
- If you haven't got a Spotify account, select No and then select Next.
If you already have Spotify Premium
If you've already got a Spotify Premium account, you can keep your username and playlists. To activate your Spotify Premium account:
- Register to have your Spotify Premium covered by us. Register now
- When you get to step three, we'll ask you if you already have a Spotify Premium account.
- Select Yes.
- Log in to your Spotify Premium account to cancel your payments.
- Select Subscription from the menu on the right.
- Select Change or cancel.
- Select Switch.
- Select Yes, cancel.
- When Spotify asks if you're sure you want to cancel, confirm you do.
- We'll connect your Spotify Premium account with Spark. From your next subscription renewal date we'll cover the full or part cost of Spotify Premium.
Check your Spotify Premium account is connected with Spark
- Sign in to the Spotify website
- Select Subscription from the menu on the left
- In the Account overview section, you'll see if Spark has paid the subscription. It will say Your subscription is associated with our partner: Spark New Zealand.
Download the Spotify app
Download the Spotify app from Google Play or the App Store. Download now
If you're already using Spotify with Spark and you want to change plans, you don't need to reactivate Spotify. Your details will remain with your existing Spotify account.
- Streaming music through Spotify Premium will use data included in your plan. An hour of streaming uses about 1MB per minute.
- To limit the amount of data you use:
- When streaming from your mobile on 3G or 4G, set the audio quality to Normal. In your Spotify app, select Settings. Select Music quality to select your quality preference.
- Play music while on WiFi to save your data.
- Download your music while you're using WiFi, so you can listen to it when you're offline.
Contact Spotify for further support, visit: support.spotify.com/nz/