Find out how to locate and use Spark's free WiFi zones.
If you're on a selected Spark mobile plan that's $19 or higher, or if you're a Spark broadband customer, you can get 1GB free WiFi per day.
- You can use this data at any free WiFi zone around the country
- Free WiFi zones surround the pink-and-white Spark phone boxes throughout New Zealand
- You can find the nearest Spark WiFi zone using our map. Open the map
- Spark terms and conditions apply
Set up free WiFi using your Spark details
- Get your passcode
- Have your account and phone number handy. You'll find these on the top right of your bill, or in MySpark. Sign in to MySpark
- Find your nearest hotspot using the map. Open the map
- On your phone, go to your WiFi settings and connect to Spark WiFi
- Open your browser and select Connect
- Broadband customers: Choose I'm a broadband customer
- Mobile customers: Choose I'm a mobile customer and enter your mobile number. We'll text you a unique passcode to enter
- Enter your passcode and select Connect
Didn't receive a passcode?
Check that you're in an area with mobile coverage. If you are, please wait a few minutes for the message to arrive.
If that doesn’t work, please start over and make sure you have entered the correct mobile number.
If the message still doesn’t arrive, please call us on 0800 500 165.
Not a Spark customer?
You can get a free 15-minute trial, and then you'll need to pay $9.95 per month to use Spark WiFi spots.
- You'll need a New Zealand mobile that can accept texts
- If you don't have a valid phone number, you can buy a Spark SIM card for $5 from any Spark store
- Once your free WiFi trial has expired we’ll ask you to pay at the start of your next WiFi session
Set up payment for Spark WiFi
- On your phone, open and refresh your web browser and look for a Spark WiFi pop-up
- Enter your NZ mobile number, agree to the terms and conditions, and follow the on-screen instructions
- We'll text you a unique passcode
- Enter the passcode and select Submit
- Enter your credit card details and accept the terms and conditions
- Select Submit
- We'll text you a receipt
Two days before your payment period expires, we'll text to confirm you're happy to continue subscribing to this service. You can reply to this text if you want to cancel your subscription.