Find out how to set up Netflix and what to do if you already have a Netflix account.
- When you sign up to an eligible broadband plan, you need to activate your Netflix offer in MySpark. This tells Spark which Netflix account to link to your Spark plan.
- If you don't have a MySpark account yet, you can follow these steps to create one. Find out how to create a MySpark account
- Once you have a MySpark account, this link will get you to sign in and take you to Netflix page. Netflix in MySpark
- Select the blue Activate button
- Enter the code sent to your mobile phone
- You'll then be taken to Netflix where you can sign in with an existing account. You can also create a new Netflix account here.
- Follow the prompts to link this account to Spark
- You'll then be asked to confirm your Netflix streaming plan. The Spark bundle offers a Netflix Standard (HD) for the entire time you're on the eligible broadband plan. You can upgrade to Netflix Premium for an additional charge if you prefer.
If you have an existing Netflix account you don't need to cancel it. You can use your existing Netflix details when you activate and this will link it to your Spark broadband plan. This means you'll stop being billed for your existing Netflix account separately.
Manage Netflix billing
If you were already paying for a Netflix account, this payment will stop as soon as you activate your Spark offer. It doesn’t matter how you were paying, for example, by credit card, Spark bill, iTunes, Google Play or Apple TV.
Upgrade to Netflix Premium
- You can upgrade to Netflix Premium in MySpark. Select the Modify button. View my Netflix account in MySpark
- Netflix Premium lets you stream TV shows and movies from Netflix on four devices at the same time and in high definition (HD) and ultra high definition (UHD) when available. This plan also lets you download titles to four phones or tablets.
- You'll be charged $5.00 per month on your bill. This is the difference between Netflix Premium and Standard.
- You can also downgrade your plan from Premium to Standard at any time in MySpark.
Understand Netflix credits
If you have Netflix credits on your account from a previous offer, these will remain on your account while you're on an eligible entertainment plan.
You can use Netflix for the entire time you're on an eligible plan and the credits will remain for future use.
Understand what to do if you link the wrong Netflix account to Spark
- Sign out of your Netflix app on all devices.
- Contact Spark at spark.co.nz/chat
- Explain you linked the wrong Netflix account to your Spark plan and you'd like to reset Netflix.
- The agent will reset your Netflix account. In a few hours, you can connect your preferred Netflix account by following the Activate Netflix steps above.
Cancel your Netflix account
Netflix is included with your entertainment broadband plan. You can watch for the entire time you're on the plan. We don't recommend cancelling your Netflix account if you're on an entertainment plan.
If you want to leave this Spark plan, you can move to another Spark plan in MySpark. Change plan in MySpark
If you were paying for a Netflix account before you linked it to Spark, you'll resume paying with this same method. The exception to this is if you were paying by a Spark bill.
If you were paying by Spark bill, or if you joined Netflix when you signed up to a Spark entertainment broadband plan, then your account will go on hold for 30 days until you update your payment method.
To cancel your Netflix account once you've left your Spark eligible plan:
- Sign in to Netflix
- Click the down arrow at the top right of the page, next to your profile name
- Select Account
- Under Membership and billing, select the Cancel membership box
- Select Finish cancellation to confirm you want to cancel
Need more help?
- Contact Spark if you're having trouble activating your Netflix with Spark. Start Live Chat
- Contact Netflix about difficulties using Netflix: visit: help.netflix.com
- On Fibre but want it faster? You can change your speed in MySpark. Learn more