The Huawei HG659/HG659b allows you to enable your guest to access the internet using a different SSID and password to your home network. The guest will have different WLAN rights to you, and you can set the WLAN parameters used by the guest. In this way the guest can only access the internet and cannot manage the router.
- Login to your the HG659/HG659b gateway.
- Click Home Network from the top menu
- Click Guest Networks to show the advanced settings
- Click the tick box next to Enable guest networks to enable Guest WiFi (un-tick the box if you wish to disable Guest WiFi).
- Change the desired name (if required) for 2.4GHz or 5GHz guest access (SSID)
(Default: GuestNetwork_2.4G or GuestNetwork_5G).
- Leave the Security Option as the default setting: WPA-PSK[TKIP]+WPA2-PSK[AES].
- Change the Security key (Wi-Fi password) (default: 1234567890).
- Click Save.
How To Log Into Gateway
- Open your Web Browser (e.g. Internet Explorer, Firefox)
- In the address bar, type 192.168.1.254
- Press Enter
- Enter your Modem Username (the default is admin)
- Enter your Modem Password (the default is admin)
If you have changed the Username and/or Password, you will be required to enter those credentials before you can access the modem interface.