Learn how you can set up and connect your modem. The Spark Smart Modem package contains:
- 5G Spark Smart Modem
- Safety information
- Quick start guide
- LAN ethernet cable (yellow)
- 2.5 Gigabit ethernet cable (blue)
- Power supply (black)
How to install your modem
- Choose a spot for the modem. It will need to be near a power outlet. Aim for somewhere near a window and a central location for your house.
- Plug your modem into a power outlet using the power cable and turn it on.
- Wait while the modem connects to the network. This can take up to five minutes.
- Check that the 5G NR, 4G LTE, WI-FI/WPS and Internet lights are green.
- If the 5G NR or 4G LTE lights aren't green, you may need to find a different spot for your modem.
Some tips for finding where your modem gets the best signal:
- Make sure your modem is close to a window, away from large appliances and other objects. You’ll get the best results by having it near a window and a central location in your house.
- Don’t put it in a cupboard, drawer or behind blinds or curtains.
- Try moving it to different locations within your home or office and turning it to face different ways until the 5G signal light turns green.
Your modem has now been fully installed. Please do not attempt to insert or remove the SIM card when the modem is on.