Learn how to set up a guest WiFi network on your Spark Smart Modem. Guest Wi-Fi networks are a great way to offer your house guests easy access to the Internet without also giving them access to your LAN, computers, printers, etc.
- Open any web browser such as Chrome, Firefox, Edge.
- In the address bar, type 192.168.1.254 and press enter.
- Enter your modem login information and click Login. By default, the User name and Password will both be admin. This information is also located on the bottom of your modem.
- Click WLAN from the left hand side.
- Click Guest Network from the menu bar on the top.
- Under Wireless 2.4GHz, click Edit. If you wish to enable guest access on the 2.4 GHz frequency.
- Click the slider, to enable SSID Enable.
- Enter your WiFi network name in the Network Name (SSID) field, and password (if you wish to have one) in the WPA Pre-shared Key field.
- Click Save Settings.
- Repeat steps 6 to 9 for the for Wireless 5GHz, if you wish to also enable guest access on the 5 GHz frequency.
You have successfully set up a guest WiFi network on the Spark Smart Modem.