Find out how to set up your Wireless Broadband and landline.
Set up your modem
The steps below are for setting up a Spark Smart Modem 2 on Wireless Broadband. If you have a different Spark wireless modem, find the instructions for your modem on our modem device help page.
See instructions for different modems
In the box you'll find:
- Your Spark Smart Modem 2
- A power supply cable
- A blue ethernet cable
- A yellow ethernet cable
- A grey phone cable
- A safety guide
Next, choose a spot for the modem. The spot will need to be near a power outlet, near a window and a central location for your house.
- Plug your modem into a power outlet using the power cable and turn it on.
- Wait while the modem connects to the network. This can take up to five minutes.
- Check the colour of the 4G LTE light on the front of the modem. For the best performance, the light should be green.
- If the light isn't green, move your modem closer to the window for a better signal.
Connect your computer, mobile or tablet to Wireless Broadband
- On your computer, mobile or tablet, look for your modem on the list of WiFi networks. You can find your modem's name on the bottom of your modem.
- Select your modem from the list. Type in the password (also on the bottom of your modem). When it connects, you can start browsing the internet.
- If your computer doesn't have WiFi, connect your computer to the modem using an ethernet cable.
Connect your landline
If you have a landline service with your Wireless Broadband, follow these steps:
- Plug the grey phone cable into your phone and then plug the other end into your modem. Make sure you plug your phone into a power socket as well.
- Check for a dial tone.
- If you can't hear a dial tone, turn your modem off and on again. If it's a new landline, it can take up to 30 minutes to activate.
- When you can hear a dial tone, your phone is set up.
Things to know about Wireless Broadband
- Wireless Broadband uses Spark's 4G network. The speed of your connection depends on your signal strength.
- Check your data usage in the Spark app or MySpark online.
- If your plan has a data cap and you go over it, you'll get an automatic extra 10GB for $10. When you've used this you'll need to go to MySpark to buy more data. Limits may apply as to how many times you can do this per month.
- You can set up data usage alerts through MySpark. Find out how
- If you're planning on moving house, talk to us to check if you can use Wireless Broadband at your new address. We can organise a reconnection from there. Find out about moving
- More information can be found in the terms and conditions. See terms and conditions
- Value added services may come with your Wireless Broadband plan. Find out more