Learn how to change your WiFi network name and password on the Huawei HG630b modem.
- Open any web browser such as Chrome, Firefox, Edge.
- In the address bar, type 192.168.1.254 and press enter.
- Enter your modem login information. By default, the User name and Password will both be admin. This information is also located on the bottom of your modem.
- Click Basic from the left hand side.
- Click WiFi from the options below Basic..
- Under SSID, enter your new WiFi network name and in the WPA pre-shared key, enter your new WiFi password. Ensure the password is at least 8 characters long.
- Click Submit.
Your WiFi network name and password are now updated. Please note that you will need to connect using these new details, on all devices that have previously connected to your WiFi network.