Learn how to restore your modem back to its factory default settings.
Factory reset using reset button
Follow these steps to factory reset your modem. Please note that by factory resetting your modem, any changes you've made to the modem settings will be restored back to default. This includes your WiFi name and password.
- Power on your modem. Place a paper clip or pin into the hole on the back of the modem labeled Reset.
- Hold the paper clip or pin down for 10 to 15 seconds and release.
- The modem will reboot on its own. Once the WLAN light stops flashing, the reset process is complete.
Please note that factory resetting your modem does not reset the modem firmware to an earlier version. It will only change all settings back to factory default.
Factory reset using modem interface
- Open any web browser such as Chrome, Firefox, Edge.
- In the address bar, type 192.168.1.254 and press enter.
- Enter your modem login information. By default, the User name and Password will both be admin. This information is also located on the bottom of your modem.
- Click Maintainenance from the left hand side.
- Click Device Management from the left hand side and choose Factory Restore.
- Click Reset button and then click OK to confirm the factory restart of your modem.
All data and settings saved on your modem will be reset to default and your modem will automatically reboot.