Learn how to change your WiFi network name and password on the Huawei HG659b modem.
- Open any web browser such as Chrome, Firefox, Edge.
- In the address bar, type 192.168.1.254 and press enter.
- Enter your modem login information. By default, the User name and Password will both be admin. This information is also located on the bottom of your modem.
- Click Set Up WLAN.
- Enter your new WiFi network name in the WLAN 2.4 GHz SSID field.
- In the Password field, enter your new WiFi network password. Ensure the password is at least 8 characters long.
- Click Save.
Your WiFi network name and password are now updated. Please note that you will need to connect using these new details, on all devices that have previously connected to your WiFi network.