Learn how to set up a guest WiFi network on your Spark Smart Modem 2. Guest WiFi networks are a great way to offer your house guests easy access to the internet without also giving them access to your LAN, computers, printers and other WiFi connected devices.
- Open any web browser such as Chrome, Firefox, Edge.
- In the address bar, type 192.168.1.254 and press enter.
- Enter your modem login information and click Login. By default, the User name and Password will both be admin. This information is also located on the bottom of your modem.
- Click WLAN from the left hand side.
- Click Guest WLAN from the menu bar on the top.
- Under Wireless 2.4GHz, click Edit, if you wish to enable guest access on the 2.4 GHz frequency.
- Click the slider, to enable WiFi Name Enable
- Enter your WiFi network name in the Network Name (SSID) field, the select an Authentication Method from the dropdown menu.
- Enter a password (if you wish to have one) on the WPA pass-phrase field.
- Click Save Settings.
- Repeat steps 6 to 10 for the for Wireless 5GHz, if you wish to also enable guest access on the 5GHz frequency.
You have successfully set up a guest WiFi network on the Spark Smart Modem.