Find out how to locate and use SparkPlug charging boxes.
If you have an electric vehicle (EV), you can use SparkPlug.
Find and use SparkPlug
- Locate a charging box from plugshare.com
- Park your EV next to the charging box
- Remove the SAE J1772 EV connector from the charging box's cradle
- Open the charging port on your EV and plug the connector into your car
- Charging will start
- Return SparkPlug to its cradle when you’re finished
Things to know about SparkPlug
- SparkPlug supports around 32A of charging capacity
- To report a charging fault, call 0800 661 661
- SparkPlug is free to use for a limited time only
- Only charge your own vehicle using SparkPlug
- You must use SparkPlug in a responsible, safe and fair manner. Using SparkPlug is at your own risk.
- SparkPlug isn't suitable for excessive use, or as your primary charger
- Your EV must have a current warrant of fitness and registration
- Spark doesn't guarantee electricity availability, uninterrupted service or compatibility with your EV
- Spark won't be liable for any loss or damage from your use of SparkPlug
- Spark may stop providing SparkPlug, apply charges or change these terms at any time
- These terms don’t impact your rights under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 or Fair Trading Act 1986