If you have an electric vehicle, you can use Spark's SparkPlug. Find out how to find SparkPlug charging locations, and how to use SparkPlug.
How to use SparkPlug
- If you have an electric vehicle (EV), you can use SparkPlug charging boxes.
- First, find the location of a charging box. Go to: plugshare.com
- Park your EV next to the charging box.
- Remove the SAE J1772 EV connector from the charging box's cradle.
- Open the charging port on your EV and plug the connector into your car.
- Charging will start.
- Return SparkPlug to its cradle when you’re finished.
Important to know
- SparkPlug supports around 32A of charging capacity. To report a charging fault, please call 0800 661 661.
- Wellington will soon be getting new SparkPlug sites. To use these sites you'll need to use your own cable. The new sites will follow the NZTA guidelines for AC charging. Find out more about these rules
- SparkPlug is free to use for a limited time only.
- Only charge your own EV using SparkPlug.
- You must use SparkPlug in a responsible, safe and fair manner. Using it is at your own risk.
- SparkPlug isn't suitable for excessive use, or as your primary charger.
- Your EV must have a current warrant of fitness and registration.
- Spark doesn't guarantee electricity availability, uninterrupted service or compatibility with your EV.
- Spark won't be liable for any loss or damage from your use of SparkPlug.
- Spark may stop providing SparkPlug, apply charges or change these terms at any time.
- These terms don’t impact your rights under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 or Fair Trading Act 1986.