Spark Security Suite is software that helps keep your computer safe when you’re online. Find out how to install it and use some of its features.
Spark broadband and mobile broadband customers receive five free licences for Spark Security Suite. This means you can install it on up to five devices: computers, laptops or tablets.
Spark Security Suite powered by McAfee is only compatible with:
- Microsoft Windows Vista SP1 or higher (32-bit and 64-bit) operating systems or Windows 7, 8, 8.1 (32-bit and 64-bit) operating systems
- 1GB RAM for Vista/Windows 7, 2GB RAM for Windows 8 and above
- 500MB free drive space
- At least 1GHz processor
Install or reinstall Spark Security Suite
Use MySpark to install (or reinstall) Spark Security Suite. You'll need to follow these same steps for each device you install the software on:
- Sign in to MySpark
- Under the product and services menu, select Security
- Select Security
- Select I accept the terms and conditions
- Select Download now
Uninstall Spark Security Suite
If you’re having problems with the suite, removing the software and then reinstalling it can fix it.
Use the McAfee removal tool to uninstall Spark Security Suite:
- Download the tool
- Select Run
- Follow the on screen instructions
- Restart your computer
Spark Security Suite updates
We recommend you use automatic updates for the highest level of protection.
- When you're online, the software checks for updates every four hours
- The software updates when McAfee finds or detects a new virus
- When updates download, it'll use your monthly data allowance
- Select Firewall on Spark Security Suite's home page
- Select Settings
- Select Internet connections for programs
- Select the app you want to block or unblock
- Select Edit
- Select Block or Allow from the drop-down menu under Access
- Select Save