The government has confirmed that broadband and landline connection services are considered essential services during emergency situations. This means that our local fibre company partners will continue providing this service during Covid-19.
Appointments for essential services will be prioritised. This means other orders may need to wait slightly longer for a technician appointment.
What this means for you
- Technician appointments are able to proceed with the appropriate Covid-19 protocols adhered to by both the technician and the occupants of the property.
- If your area changes from a lower traffic light setting to a higher one, such as from orange to red, your appointment may need to be rescheduled. This is because the local fibre companies will need to prioritise those that have been delayed and connections for medically dependent customers and essential workers. If your appointment is rescheduled, Spark or the local fibre company managing your request will be in touch as soon as possible to update you. If your order needs consent to proceed, there could be a delay of up to four weeks. If you have a medical dependency or an essential need for broadband, please let us know by using our Messaging service. Message us
- Safety is our priority. To keep yourself and our technicians safe, please keep at least two metres away from any technicians who are onsite at your location and keep the area where they’re working clear of people. Our technicians will also maintain a safe distance from you. If at any point during a visit you or the technician don’t feel safe, the appointment can be cancelled by either of you on the spot.
Important: Please rebook if you’re unwell or you or someone in your home has, or could have, been exposed to Covid-19
If you or someone on your property is unwell, has Covid-19 symptoms, has been tested for Covid-19 and is waiting for the results, or has tested positive for Covid-19, please rebook your technician visit to take place at least 14 days after everyone is well again. You can rebook by contacting your local fibre company directly. Or if your local fibre company is Chorus, you can rebook using the Fibre Tracker. There's no charge to rebook.
Local fibre company contacts:
- Chorus: Go to the Fibre Tracker
- Enable: 0800 434 273
- Tuatahi First Fibre: 0800 833 622
- Northpower: 09 430 1803
- Unison: 0800 2342 730
Read more about Spark's response to Covid-19
Frequently asked questions