Find out about the various account fees that may apply to your services.
Cancellation and reconnection fees
- For information on how long your contract has left, contact us
- A disconnection fee applies if you:
- Disconnect your Spark service while still under a contract term
- Fail to pay your account and we disconnect you
- A reconnection fee ($58) applies if you move, if we disconnect your services or if a line into your house exists. The charge covers:
- Directory listings
- Emergency services database
- Updating fault systems (landline and broadband) with customer and connection details
- Activation of your connection in our systems
- Residential: $18.40
- Business: $18.40, or 1.66% of the outstanding bill, whichever is greater
- A late fee applies for overdue balances greater than $25
- Any payment received after a bill's due date is a late payment
- If you have a question about your bill, we waive the late fee until we've resolved the issue. Any other charges on your account will be subject to late fees.
- Late fees include GST
- If you make a payment at a Post Shop, you can record your payment by calling 0800 000 000
- To avoid late payment fees, set up direct debit. Set up direct debit in MySpark
Paper invoice fee
- Switch to an online bill and we’ll email you a copy of your bill each month as soon as it’s available. You'll save $30 each year!
- The paper invoice fee is for customers who receive their bills via the post
- You can view your current and past 18 months bills in MySpark online or in the Spark app. View bills in MySpark
- When you register for MySpark and add your account number, we’ll switch you to online billing You can change the email address used for billing in MySpark. Change email address in MySpark
Note: We email the bill to one person only. More people can have access to the account in MySpark, but we only email the bill to the person who first registered the account with MySpark.
Credit and debit card fees
Automated recurring charges
Automatic recurring payments from your credit/debit card will incur a 1.5% (plus GST, if any) surcharge.
One-off credit, debit or charge card payments will incur an additional fee:
- American Express and Diners Club incur a 2% surcharge
- Visa/MasterCard, Prezzy Card, international credit, debit or charge cards incur a 3% surcharge
- You can avoid this fee by signing in to MySpark and paying with POLi instead. POLi is a way to pay your bill using your internet banking. Pay a bill using POLi
Fault diagnostic fees
If you need a technician to visit your property to investigate the cause of a fault and/or repair the fault there may be a charge for this. A charge will show on your bill if:
- The cause of the fault is equipment inside your property
- There's no fault found
- The technician visits at the agreed time, but can't get access to your property
- You don't have wire maintenance or the fault is not covered by wire maintenance. There's more information on our website about wire maintenance and what it covers. Find out about wire maintenance
Costs for technicians are:
- A fee to locate the fault: $124.99 (including GST)
- Labour rate: $25.30 (including GST) per 15 minutes, plus any extra material costs
You can discuss with the technician what's involved to repair the fault, and what the costs are likely to be, before deciding to go ahead.
Note: The fee to locate the fault will still apply even if you don't have the technician repair the fault.