Find out all you need to know about closing your Spark account. Find out about contract terms, fees and payments.
Before closing a Spark account
- Contact us to check if any of your services come with a contract. If the contract term hasn’t finished, you may be facing early exit fees.
- If you bought a mobile from Spark interest free, check to see if you have any monthly payments left. You need to pay any instalments left before you cancel your account.
- There’s a standard 30-day notice period when you cancel Spark's services. The notice period starts from the day you let us know you want to cancel.
- More information on our 30-day notice period can be found in our terms and conditions. See terms and conditions
Close Spark account
You can close your account using these methods:
- Live Chat from 8am–6pm. Go to Live Chat
- Call 0800 300 015 Monday to Friday from 8am–8pm or Saturday from 9am–6pm
- Book a call
- If you're overseas, you can call us to cancel your account. Depending on your location, there will be a specific number to call. Find the number here
Temporarily cancel broadband
- If you're only away for a short time, we recommend you keep your broadband service active.
- To keep your connection secure while you're away, unplug your modem and computer.
- Call 123 to put your broadband on hold.
If you're still deciding if you'll close your account, have a look at the special stuff you get for being with Spark:
- Spotify Premium: Worth $14.99 per month. Spark customers on selected mobile plans get Spotify Premium for free or at a 50% discount. Find out more
- Lightbox: Worth $12.99 per month. Spark customers on a broadband plan and selected mobile plans get Lightbox for free. Find out more
- 1GB free WiFi per day: Spark customers on a broadband plan and selected mobile plans get 1GB of free WiFi. Find out more