Short-term payment extension
If you can meet future monthly Spark charges, but require a short extension to pay your current bill or any outstanding amounts from previous bills, you may be eligible for a short-term payment extension for 7-14 days. If you want to apply for this, please do so online via MySpark or call 128 and select the ‘More time to pay’ option.
- We may be able to arrange a payment extension for you. Some conditions apply. Find out if you're eligible. Sign in to MySpark
- Let us know if your phone needs to stay connected because of a medical condition. Complete the Medical Dependency form. View Medical Dependency form
If you feel that a short-term payment extension is not enough to address your current situation, hardship support may also be an option. You will need to apply for hardship support, and we'll discuss options with you that might help your individual circumstances. Please note that should your application be approved this may impact your credit bureau score.
There are several situations that may make you eligible for hardship support. These include recent changes in circumstances, such as:
- A natural disaster has adversely affected your income or household situation.
- You recently experienced an unforeseen significant event that is adversely affecting your finances (such as the COVID-19 pandemic).
- Your business closed temporarily or permanently or, is experiencing significant financial distress due to unforeseen events such as the COVID-19 pandemic.
- You or a household member who contributes to the payment of bills has lost their job recently or your income has significantly reduced.
- You have recently suffered an illness or injury impacting your ability to work.
- A family member has recently become ill or unable to work, adversely impacting your family income and/or significantly increasing your expenses.
- A relationship break-up is making it difficult for you to meet your financial commitments.
If any of the above (or similar circumstances) apply, please get in touch with us as soon as possible by submitting a hardship application so we can work with you on options to address your situation. View Financial Hardship form