You'll need a QR code to get setup. This will either be emailed to you or provided by a sales rep. Once you have your QR code, follow the steps below.
Note: Your phone's screen and wording may differ slightly due to software version updates on your device.
- Make sure you're connected to Wifi or a hotspot
- If you are switching from a Spark physical Trio SIM to a Spark eSIM, remove your physical SIM card as it makes it easier to set up
- Go to Settings
- Select Mobile Data
- Select Set Up Mobile
- Select Use QR Code. The camera app will launch.
- Use the camera to scan the QR code provided to you
- Select Add Mobile Plan
- If you don't have a physical Trio SIM in your device, you'll see a spinning wheel while your eSIM is being activated.
- If you do have a physical Trio SIM in your device, you'll need to select your primary and secondary number options and then click Continue
Note: you can change these later in your Settings menu.
- Your eSIM should now be active and ready to use
Note: If your device asks you to disable a line when you're trying to active a new SIM, this means you've reached the maximum active profiles available on your device.
- This could happen for example when you have one eSIM and one physical SIM card active.
- The message will say “Mobile Data Plan is enabled. Your mobile Plan is enabled. Which line would you like to disable?”
- You'll need to choose one of the profiles to disable in order to active a new line.
- You can also switch between profiles. If you are trying to turn on a profile when you already have the maximum active profiles active on your phone, you'll be asked to turn off one of your profiles.
- Disabling a line will not stop your plan being billed. If you are wanting to cancel a plan of an inactive profile you will need to contact the service provider the plan is active with.
See FAQ about eSIM for phones